Monday, January 23, 2012

Viridian by Illamasqua

When I first saw Illamasqua's Viridian, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this peacock green from a brand that many nail bloggers seemed to be crazy about.  This is my second experience with the London based brand and I have to say that I'm just not wild about this line of polish.  Granted, the polish experience wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was with Scarab (no human hair in the bottle and no dripping).  The large square brush handle is still unwieldy but to add to the disappointment, the formula of Viridian was just not that great.  The brush dragged across nails, got goopy quickly, the polish bubbled in some places and worst of all: it chipped in less that 8 hours and that's a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned with a polish.  Illamasqua's quality has just  been too inconsistant for me to spend anymore money on them.

That being said, I still wouldn't say no to trying out the other types of makeup from the brand.  Just because the nail polish was a dud doesn't mean that their lipsticks would be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment